Premium Health islooking for outstanding candidates for the Medical Assistant position at our MFM & OB/GYN practice.
Premium Health – located in the heart of Brooklyn – is committed to providing compassionate, culturally sensitive, comprehensive healthcare and behavioral health services to everyone in the community in need, regardless of their ability to pay. Through our services, we aim to achieve community wellness for the individuals and families we serve. Premium Health prioritizes a collaborative care approach and utilizes evidence-based treatment, thus achieving improved patient care and superior outcomes.
Premium Health’s Women’s Health practice is split into two divisions, OBGYN/MFM and REI. Both the MFM and REI units are on-site, allowing for on-site prenatal diagnosis, and easy scheduling for consultations with MFM and REI physicians. The OBGYN department contains a complete obstetrics and gynecology unit, along with prenatal and gynecological ultrasounds.
This position serves as a critical link between the patient and the physician by helping to facilitate a smooth flow throughout the practice and ensure all patients have the best possible experience.
Ideal candidates will be able to work well under pressure and in fast paced environments.
· Monday– Thursday: 9 am – 5:30 pm
· Friday: 9 am – 12:30 pm
· Greeting patients and rooming patients
· Collecting vitals (BP, height, weight, RR, etc.) and documenting within the EMR system
· Preparing patients and rooms for procedures as indicated
· Responding to patient medical questions
· Phlebotomy and POC testing
· Cleaning rooms between patients
· Instrument cleaning and sterilization
· Stocking/restocking rooms as needed
· Commensurate with experience and credentials, $19-$22 per hour
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
· Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Retirement plans